Friday, October 07, 2005

Bah humbug !

Okay...I suppose I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth....after all hockey IS back....but after an absence of over a year and a half...I was really hoping my team would win.

*sobs*

It was a great game though... FIRST ever shoot out in the NHL... overtime....poor mats got a big lump on his head and won't be back for 6 weeks. TONS of scoring opportunities (not that they capitalized on them....but they were there!!!!)

And worst of all ??? to lose to Ottawa. sigh. Well - Montreal on Saturday. Surely we can take them!!!

On to other things... Monkey has had a few job interviews this week for some pretty fabulous jobs... keep your fingers crossed for him!!!! I have been converted into a gaming geek by my husband and am firmly ensconced in my fantasy world each and every night by my husband's side as we fight legions of evil to keep the rest of you safe and sound... y'all really SHOULD be more appreciative !!! It's hard work and I do it all out of love for you.

This weekend Monkey's cousin is coming over with her husband to watch Game Two of the season (Maple Leafs people, keep up!!!) This in and of itself wouldn't be blogworthy....EXCEPT for the fact that he hasn't seen his cousin in about 15 years ... AND (are you ready for this???????) She met a CANADIAN online and married him!!!!! how freaky freaky is that ?

So on Saturday... I will break out the Molson Canadian Beer, don my leafs Jersey and watch the Leafs with a BORN leafs fan!!!!! I am so excited!! There will be much fun and a few 'ehs' thrown in for good measure....

Happy weekend to you all - the three of you who still check my blog!!! and xoxoxo to the rest of you...I am sorry I have let you down... I miss you!


Free Hit Counter