Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July ... to all you Americans

I was a little worried that it would rain on your parade today.... the last three years there has been some sort of wet weather for you.... I am happy to report, skies are blue, wind is minimal and fireworks are happily being lit all over my neighborhood.

Not so happily for my dog however. He is scared shitless... literally, he won't even go outside to pee. We went out tonight to grab something to eat (after the party we had last night, I really didn't want to cook anything today...) and he peed in the basement while we were out so he wouldn't have to brave the festivities outside.

My husband jokes that if we were attacked by armed assailants in the house, we would be okay only if they were wielding knives....one single gun shot and his guard duty would be over.

We had tons of food last night... chicken, burgers, four different types of sausage, three racks of ribs, asparagus (grilled) guacamole, salsa, chips, pasta salad, potato salad, cheese and broccoli bake, watermelon, cherries, two different kinds of pie and an english trifle. Margaritas, beer, basically any kind of alcohol you wanted.... good times, good times....

I learned my lesson after our New Year's Eve party... lol... I had one too many chocolate Martinis and passed out (after throwing up in my bathtub....ick) with a house full of people....


At 10:30pm. Happy fucking New Years.

Last night... I had one Margarita... and then diet coke...all night! lol Don't have to tell me twice...gone are the days of my famous Canadian drinking stamina... apparently when Dave and his friends teased the eh out of me...my drinking capabilities went north with my 'eh'.

(although Binsk, if you come down, I promise to totally tie one on with you.... I swear, I just need to be around someone who says 'eh' a few times, I am sure I can get it back!)

So anyhoo, HAPPY 4TH all you lovely American types! Mad love @ you all... Thanks for having me in your country!


God Bless!


Free Hit Counter