Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sex is what you make it....

I have been thinking alot lately. Thinking about my marriage. Thinking about relationships in general. Maybe just life. I have been surrounded by people both in blog-land and in real life going through all sorts of different scenarios in their respective relationships.

There are people in unrequited love situations, people with crushes, people unhappily existing in marriages, some people happily existing in marriages and some people so lonely that they would wish they were even in some sort of unhappy relationship as long as they were a part of 'something'.

I have placed my relationship under the microscope a lot lately, poking it and prodding it. Comparing it to other relationships that I see around me. I would say for the most part, what I have is a fabulous relationship. I genuinely like my husband, he is a good guy. He is smart and funny, there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't make me laugh; even the days when he makes me mad, he usually follows up by making me laugh.

If I had to guess what his only (okay not only...but main- the othes are silly like leaving the cupboard doors open in the kitchen and forgetting to give him back his keys!)complaint in our marriage would be, I would hazaard a guess in the direction of incompatible sex drives. He, of course would happily sex it up 7 days a week (well okay, maybe 6 - he does after all have a game on Friday nights that supercedes all other activity). I on the other hand could go without sex for probably 3 weeks and it wouldn't phase me overly.

I have made a pact with myself that 2 times a week is the minimum sex that my husband and I engage in... and 4 would probably be my max, although to be honest, I think I have only made it to 4 once since we have been married. A few threes have been thrown in for good measure.

So then I got to thinking about how you only get out of any relationship what you put into it. So I put some into it. I did a little dirty talk, I really let myself enjoy the experience and let go a little. (Not that I am uptight...but I think you tend to let yourself get in a little comfort zone, if that makes sense).

Shortly after coitus completus, he rolls over and says to me:"Uhm, what did you do with my wife???"

Am I to take that it was SO different it was like fucking a completely different person? Was I that bad before? lol

Later on he says: lady, you are going to have to leave soon, my wife will be back soon and she just wouldn't understand.

That's my monkey. Always a crack up.

This weekend I think I will go out and buy some toys. Who knows what he will say to me then. This could be fun.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em people!
xoxo
The new wife.


Free Hit Counter