Monday, May 30, 2005

Question of the day...

I thought perhaps I would do (aside from my regular meanderings...) a question of the day post. Participate...don't participate.. up to you. (incidentally, a friend's now ex-wife lent me this book prior to their divorce...do I contact her and attempt to return it or leave things as they are?) NO. That was not the question...I am just curious.

Here it is: Question One

You and a person you love deeply are placed in separate rooms with a button next to each of you. You know that you you will both be killed unless one of you presses your button before 60 minutes pass; furthermore, the first to press the button will save the other person, but will immediately be killed. What do you think you would do?

Kind of a hole in the question for me... I mean as soon as the button is pushed does the other person's door automatically open and they are free or are they left to suffer for the remainder of the 60 minutes trying to decide if they love you enough to die for you. pfft. Anyhoo, I didn't write the question so don't shoot the messenger. My answer is this. ~ I would push the button because I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt of knowing I didn't try to save someone I cared about. Of course I would analyze this decision endlessly and finally end up pushing the button with about 30 seconds to spare but in the end, I would push it.

courtesy of: The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock.... < free plug for him, avoidance of plagiarism accusations for me =)


Free Hit Counter