Wednesday, May 04, 2005

cell-phones, curlers, crabs & cars

What are ....things that don't go together Alex. Driving to work today, I happen to come out of my daily driving coma long enough to glance over at the car in the next lane over. It was some sort of Mercedez-something-or-other & add a number to the end of it. Lovely car if you can justify paying more for a car than my current home costs I guess. Out of curiosity I look at the driver. Mid-40's shoulder-length blonde (not sure if it was real or not.. but am leaning towards no) hair, well-dressed. Just what you would expect in a Mercedez-something-or-other & add a number to the end of it type car.

What I did not expect was this: She had curlers in her hair ( a lot of them) the only reason I know her hair was shoulder length was because she was in the process of removing them so one curler was out already, the lone freed curl bouncing about as if to taunt the remaining prisoners of pink-curler hell. She was craning her neck up and slightly to the right to apply mascara to her left set of lashes. While cupping her cell phone between her right shoulder and her head, she was gesturing wildly with the mascara wand obviously very crabby at whomever she was talking to.

She places the mascara wand on the dash of her car, yanks out another curler, hurls it to the back seat and takes up the wand again, furiously slashing at her eyelashes like they were the object of her wrath.

All the while driving with her knees.

That's right....her knees.

I shake my head. This is why women driver's have a bad reputation. Women like that. All women should drive like me I think smugly to myself. You would never catch me doing all that while driving a car - no way ! I am responsible!

It was then, full of self-righteous smugness; that I almost slammed into the car in front of me.

Moral of the story: if you see a woman doing all that while driving a $180, 000.000 car, don't spend any time staring at her - she is obviously a much more accomplished driver than you are or she never would have attempted it.

Hell, I couldn't even think about her without almost causing a 3-car pile up.

Point taken ~


Free Hit Counter