Tuesday, May 03, 2005

a snippet of my life...

ok. so. i cautiously extend a link to my fledgling blog to my husband Dave and then sit upstairs in my office chewing my nails, hoping he likes it. hoping he thinks i can rite good. (shudders)

i fish dinner out of the oven, serve it up and call him and my son to the table. i made meatloaf, not his favorite thing but hell, we are trying to live on a budget - what can i say? here is the conversation that ensued :

him: you know it's not that i don't like meatloaf. it's that i don't like my mother's meatloaf. yours is pretty good.
me: well good. 'cause it's what we're having for dinner tommorow night too.
him: i'll eat whatever you put in front of me.
me: i am SO going to remember you said that

* at this point i am mentally conjuring up future meals in my head, you know, like liver (which he hates and i happen to love) or experimental meals with lots of mushrooms (which he says i put in everything) < i don't by the way. not anything dessert-ish.*

so i then ask him: did you really like my blog or are you just trying to save my delicate feelings?
him: well, i am all about guarding your sensitive feelings but yes, i really like it, it's funny. i liked your meatloaf didn't i?


WTF ????? now i am pondering if he 'liked' my meatloaf or was just saving my feelings....

argh. i do so love him though, even when i want to beat him about the head with left-over meatloaf.

check out his blog! he's quite amusing.


Free Hit Counter