Thursday, July 07, 2005

I'm backkkkkk

So that trip was interesting.... HR and I had to drive the company van (well. actually we traded our company minivan for the St. Louis office HUGEFUCKOFF van) fully loaded with metal shelving from Kansas City.... to Indianapolis...

lovely 9 hour drive through miles and miles of orange cones. Once we got there, we got to unload the van. ick. I freaking hate manual labor... it all comes back to that sweaty thing... I hate to be sweaty...but hey, a job is a job right? I suppose I should be thankful I have one =)

So anyway, I was all packed and ready to go .... charged my camera batteries and had it all ready to go... and FORGOT IT.

Which probably wouldn't have been so bad, except that I saw about forty million things that I would have loved to get pictures of. grrrrr.

Indianapolis is actually a really cool city. Kind of a combination of Paris, France, and Toronto. There was this really neat round about in the center of downtown, that reminded me of the Champs Elysées in Paris, complete with cobble stone streets. It was a fairly big city, but clean like Toronto... made me quite homesick actually.

I kept thinking I was only 6 hours from home...I could just keep driving, and it was Tuesday night, so I could have had half price wings at the place I used to work ages ago, they have the BEST wings I have ever had! sigh....

HR and I may be best friends, but man o man, we do NOT travel well together! We shared a room (BIG mistake). We were trying to travel cheaply to look all responsible for the company and shit... what a nightmare.

I smoke, she doesn't. I conceded and ordered a non-smoking room because I didn't think it was fair to subject her to that... no biggie.

She is eternally cold and hates it. She likes the room a balmy 90 degrees and still sleeps with a down comforter and pj's. I like it 68 degrees with a fan going.

The room was about right when we got back from dinner, so I (again) concede and turn off the air, thinking if I leave the fan on, it will circulate the nice cool air and I can just sleep with a sheet. She doesn't like noise. So she thumbed her nose at the fan. I just said... "well, it's the fan or the AC... you pick princess...". She picked the fan.

She likes to exercise in the morning, so I said well I will get up at 6am and have a shower, you can exercise while I get ready. She wanted to get up at 5am... I told her I was a really light sleeper so she agreed to my plan. (or so I thought).

At 5 am, I hear her phone alarm go off, she gets up and sneaks off to the exercise room...... The thing with me is, once I am awake, that's it. So I got up, showered, packed my stuff and was sitting on the bed waiting when she got in...

HR: oh ...did I wake you???


lmao. sigh. We are SO NOT TRAVELLING ANYWHERE together. - well, we aren't sharing a room for sure! wow she's high maintenance!


Free Hit Counter