Thursday, June 09, 2005

Apparently I have had too many cups of coffee today....

According to my husband. What started out as a generic 'how was your day' conversation on the back porch with an apres work cigarette - turned into who gets what in the event of a divorce.

Apparently he was surprised that I had put some previous thought into it. Hey, I am once divorced already...I usually find it best to have an exit strategy in every situation =) Lisa....escape artist supreme!

Only problem with this conversation? Never have it while wired on 6 cups of Java...apparently that makes me a trifle more intense than I meant to come off! I talk really fast, and gesture wildly, my eyes glazed and glossy. I suppose the only thing I wasn't doing, was frothing at the mouth.

We ended the conversation with an agreement to have a weekly spousal meeting: Agenda - are you unhappy? No. You? Nope. Okay divorce postponed till next week.

and now...the moment you have all been waiting for!






YES.






THE QUESTION OF THE DAY!!!!! (trumpets etc.)

In terms of their relative unpleasantness, how would you rank the following: a nude stroll in public; being spat upon by a crowd of people; being arrested for shoplifting; begging for money at an airport? What is the most embarrassing thing you can imagine? What bothers you about looking bad in front of strangers?


*rolls up sleeves*
Ok. To me I think being arrested for shoplifting would "rank first in my list of unpleasantness" (edited for phreadom) - because that would not only would shame me in public but would call into question my ethics. Naked I could plausibly have a good excuse for...(maybe someone stole my clothes?) begging for money - ditto... but stealing - that is a decision I made. I think the MOST embarrassing thing I can imagine happening would be crapping in my pants...maybe you have to pass wind? You think no one will notice, you fluff a little and wooops. You've crapped... I haven't had that happen (yet) but I can imagine I would be mortified! There is no hiding that SHIT (hah @ pun!)

And what bothers me about looking bad in front of strangers? It's not so much strangers I worry about. It's people I care about - because I care what they think of me.

As usual ~ thanks Gregory Stock.... and your "Book of Questions".


Free Hit Counter