Sunday, June 05, 2005

Happy Sunday.....

As you can see.. I spent my morning constructively, following Datamonkey around snapping shots of him as he goes about his daily life. ( I had such a reaction about his package...I figured you would want more of him.)

I didn't do much exciting yesterday I am afraid, got up at the ass-crack of dawn to go garage-sale(ing) with my friend CR. She bought much more than I did, I got a couple of extremely retro purses...(and I am not even a purse 'person') but this one was pretty cool all nicely worn in, saddle leather... I am sure at some point it was expensive...but I got it for a dollar. I also bought an iron three-tier plant stand for the deck....no plants yet... but hey, it was 3 bucks!

Then we went out for lunch, Mexican. ( I was wearing a white cotton sweater and I swear it never fails...if I am wearing white something red will find it's way on my top!) grrr.

Then we went to Kansas (Johnson County) for any of you that know Kansas...you will just know what I mean when I type 'Johnson County'. To this baby store... (no, not for me...sheesh) OMFG was this place snooooooooty. $2800 for a STROLLER ? you have got to be shitting me. I got hives just being in that store.

Went across the street to the Indian Market and I purchased some stuff to make curry. I LOVE curry =) We also got a tea set for my MIL...her birthday is coming up soon!


and just for shits and giggles here is a conversation with my son (paraphrased of course...but y'all can see what I am dealing with here: Data and I are out on the balcony having a smoke..my son is standing inside the screen door in the kitchen:

son: dude, Dj is so pissed at me.
Mom: arches brow and inhales.
son: I mean, like, really pissed.
Mom: oh ?
son: yeah, cause like, he bet his brother that I couldn't like, do an ollie down the curb for like, the next year. pause. And I so did it tonight.
Mom: uhm, congratulations?
Son: yeah, boooo yah!
Data: you aren't getting in shit with any of these kids and doing anything stupid are you?
Son: no, we just skate. I don't hang around with any of the troublemakers. They are such losers. They don't even skate.
Data: and here I would have thought the fact that they were troublemakers would be what makes them losers.


boo yah?

Take me away!


Free Hit Counter