Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A post with no title.

That's right. I am feeling unimaginative so no title for you. I have an ear infection. I am a poopy patient. I don't like pain. I haven't had an ear infection since I was 8. I still remember how it felt too. Hopefully I caught this sucker before it turns into Attila the Infection. Nevertheless, tilting your head to the side and putting liquid INTO YOUR EAR CANAL on purpose is never fun.

I had not a bad day today at work. Tomorrow, however, is going to be ass on a stick. I have to get up an extra half an hour early, drive to my boss's house, pick up the company van, leave my car there and deliver the van so she can pick up her car at the shop and then hitch a ride with her after work to her house to pick up my car.

None of which I actually mind doing...it just adds about 2 hours to my day that I could be at home with my family...frustrates me a little. Do you ever do things for people and wonder if they would do the same for you if the shoe were on the other foot? I have this impossible time saying no. Sometimes I wish I was better at it. My theory is this, I will do anything for anyone, anytime. UNTIL the first time I ask for something and they tell me no. Then my friends, it's off. I will tell them no in any language they wish. =)


AND for my grand finale... your question of the day:

A cave-in occurs while you and a stranger are in a concrete room deep in a mine shaft. (WHO THINKS UP THESE QUESTIONS????) Before the phone goes dead, you learn the entire mine is sealed and the air hole being drilled will not reach you for 30 hours. If you both take sleeping pills from the medicine chest, the oxygen will last for only 20 hours. Both of you cannot survive; alone, one of you might. After you both realize this, the stranger takes several sleeping pills, says that it is in God's hands, and falls asleep. You have a pistol; what do you do?

hmmmmmmmm Mr. Gregory Stock has some serious abandonment issues? Okay. Let's assume for one second that I would actually be in a mine. In a room with a stranger, a phone, sleeping pills and a GUN. Not likely at best, however, okay... I would take the sleeping pills. I don't think that I could kill anyone. Not to mention that anyone with half a brain would realize that even if you shot the stranger and lived, you would be locked up for a hell of a long time for murder....so what kind of life would you have anyway?

food for thought - especially if you ever plan on being in this situation...

Question courtesy of: The Book of Questions - by Gregory Stock PH.D.


Free Hit Counter