Thursday, July 14, 2005

So this week was .......

interesting... I did a shitload of work... and we all know how much I love manual labor... (not one little bit). ON the plus side, I did get a raise. (yay me)... Job security is still in question, but for the present, I am making more money than I was so that is a good thing.

Monkey is up for a great job. 91k per year great. Everyone think warm fuzzy thoughts for him, he really deserves it!

Speaking of monkey. I get home after ten hours of driving, play with the small child, read some blogs, order a pizza and check my email. Monkey takes a bath (the bathtub is clearly visible from where I sit reading my emails). So we are bullshitting back and forth about the week and little mundane day to day things.

A perfectly normal quiet evening until my cheeky monkey says these words to me:


So I shaved my armpits the other day.....

I pause momentarily in reading my email. Honestly, I am waiting for the punchline. I wait another minute, fingers hovering above the keyboard. There is silence from the bathroom. Slowly, I swivel my chair around to face him.

me: you're kidding right?
monkey: uh, no.
me: raise your arms.
Monkey: yes, dear. (and raises his arms)

He's not kidding. There is nary a hair under there. I quickly scan his legs and chest.... PHEW... all hair there still intact. He is NOT, I repeat, NOT moonlighting in a male review club!!!!

HAH! ... actually apparently his deodorant had some funky reaction and clumped up only to refuse to come off even with vigorous scrubbing. So he did what any normal, sane man would do... he reached for my lady bic, and shaved it off. (I'm kidding, he used the beard trimmer setting on his Braun.)


Oh wait, did I mention he did it DRY? ~ ladies, you will back me up here... NEVER shave dry... the razor burn is unbearable *wink*....Can you guess where I am going here ?


Poor monkey... bald pits.....AND razor burn... I had to chuckle, he told me he slapped on some baby lotion I had (mistake).... washed that off quickly and tried some diaper rash stuff we had for Alyssa.... (and this is quite interesting... apparently that burned like shit also.....to quote Monkey " no wonder babies scream like hell when you put this shit on... not like they can talk to tell you it fucking hurts!!!").

So that was what I came home to... never boring in Casa De Monkey =)

Don't forget to pray for Dave and his potential new job!!!


xoxox Lisa

p.s. Sara - your card is en route I promise!!!


Free Hit Counter