Saturday, June 18, 2005

sweet things come in gruff packages......

So Datamonkey (Dave) has this friend, I have actually alluded to him in one of my previous posts (BV); he came to the strip club with my friend HR and I. I should describe BV to you so you get a better idea of what I am talking about.

He is easily 6'3" and could be taller I am not sure. He is one of those men that is just built for business - thick, well-muscled neck, broad chest, big arms, definitely not a man you would mess with if you saw him coming torwards you in a dark alley. I am constantly reminded of Vin Diesel when I see him although truthfully he looks more like Bill Goldberg, okay actually, in this picture, he looks exactly like Bill Goldberg, damn they could have been separated at birth, forget I even mentioned Vin Diesel. In fact I am going to take a picture next week when he comes over for the Friday night game and post it just so you can see!

BUT that was not my point. Last night, I took Alyssa by the hand and ventured down into NoGirlsLand. That's right, the Friday night basement... the reason I did this, is so that if she heard anything loud and scary, I wanted her to know it was just her Uncle Monkey and his little friends being silly and playing games. So I introduced them and off we went. She took it all in stride and never batted an eye.

However, I told you that little snippet in order to tell you this: This afternoon, BV AKA "Goldberg" called Monkey because he left something over here last night and wanted to come by and pick it up. Monkey told him it was here and waited for his friend to swing by and grab it.

When he arrived, this big, soft-hearted wonderful hunk of a man had in his hands, a bag from Walmart which he (and I wasn't there but can only imagine) rather gruffly pushed at my husband and said, "I didn't know if the little girl had anything to play with."

He took his magazine and left Monkey standing in the hallway holding a Walmart bag containing this.


So you see, sometimes incredibly sweet, selfless things can come in big, gruff packages.....

Thanks BV. I am pretty sure you just made this little girl feel a little more loved.


Free Hit Counter